Thanks for your interest in Red Mountain Press. The Press is currently undergoing a period of organizational transition, and we’re going to adhere to the following policies for manuscript submission:
If your query concerns a poetry manuscript we encourage you to submit through our Poetry Prize, open from April 1-September 15, as we can only take poetry manuscripts during this period. We read every manuscript, and consider all for potential publication. See the Poetry Prize page for manuscript guidelines.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
If your query concerns a narrative manuscript (short fiction, memoir, essays): our open manuscript period for narrative genres will be open January 1-February 15. See our Submittable submissions manager, which will open during those dates, for submission guidelines. https://redmountainpress.submittable.com/submit
- The author must hold all rights to the work. The manuscript may include short excerpts previously published in a periodical, an anthology, or on the web but the manuscript as a whole may not have been published as substantially the same work. Proper attribution must accompany previously published work.
- The author must be over 21 years of age.
- Send a complete manuscript in a single document.
- Use Times New Roman or similar 12 pt font, with at least one-inch margins, paginated, with a Table of Contents.The text must be written in English and must be solely the author’s work.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted but you MUST notify Red Mountain immediately and withdraw your work at once if the work is accepted elsewhere.