Thanks for your interest in Red Mountain Press. The Press is currently undergoing a period of organizational transition, and we’re going to adhere to the following policies for manuscript submission:
If your query concerns a poetry manuscript we encourage you to submit through our Poetry Prize, open from April 1-September 15. We will read poetry manuscripts during this period. We read every manuscript, and consider all for potential publication. See the Poetry Prize page for manuscript guidelines. Regular poetry submissions will be open later in the year.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
If your query concerns a narrative manuscript (fiction, memoir, essays): our open manuscript period for narrative genres will be later this year. Please see our Submittable submissions manager, which will open during those dates, for submission guidelines. https://redmountainpress.submittable.com/submit
- The author must hold all rights to the work. The manuscript may include short excerpts previously published in a periodical, an anthology, or on the web but the manuscript as a whole may not have been published as substantially the same work. Proper attribution must accompany previously published work.
- The author must be over 21 years of age.
- Send a complete manuscript in a single document.
- Use Times New Roman or similar 12 pt font, with at least one-inch margins, paginated, with a Table of Contents.The text must be written in English and must be solely the author’s work.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted but you MUST notify Red Mountain immediately and withdraw your work at once if the work is accepted elsewhere.